Monday, December 22, 2008

Discussion at the Coffee Truck this Morning

Scene: Workplace carpark with coffee truck. Two (young) salesgirls, a random guy from the factory and me.

Salesgirl#1 to me: "Sorry, but I completely forgot about shooting on Saturday."

Me: "Not to worry, we'll schedule another shoot soon. I went up there anyway, but didn't shoot. I did however shoot on the Sunday."

Random unknown factory guy: "Umm, excuse me, what gun club?"

Me: "OGSA, do you know it?"

Random unknown factory guy: "Heard of it, I shoot service matches at Rockingham and I am a member of three clubs. I also hold a dealer's licence."

--- brief interlude of random gun discussion ....

Salesgirl#2: "I'm planning to join OGSA. I'm looking forward to starting the training course in Feb."

Random unknown factory guy: "Wow. Umm, it's great that you want to get into shooting. It's a great hobby."

Coffee was ready, all went our separate ways.

Now that's what I call a good discussion!

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep :-) Took my Grandson to the range last night for the first time (age 10), that little brat is a pretty good shot! He put about 50 rounds down range from my Ruger MKII and his only real problem was releasing the slide from lock. He even hit the target at 50 feet! I let him shoot one round (Barney Fife) from my Glock 17 and that got his attention!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!