Monday, December 7, 2009

Another Licencing Post - Trying out the New System

As I blogged here a new firearms licencing system is in place in Western Australia.

Today I filled in the forms online, printed them, and took them with my club support letters and Firearm Serviceability Certificates into the Post Office.

I am applying for two category A firearms (a rifle and a shotgun) on the same application form - which is allowed (luckily as it's $66 for each application).

I thought I was going to have a problem when I handed the forms to the lady at the Post Office and she took one look at them and said "what are these?". Apparently she hadn't processed one before.

Between the two of us we managed to get through the process without too much confusion so now it's just a matter of waiting to see a) if they're approved and b) how long it takes.

2 comments:

Ride Fast said...

Well, good luck with that. Glad to hear someone is trying to stay armed down under.

Julie said...

Thanks Ride Fast - there is a thought that they are trying to complicate the system so that we all get frustrate and give up ... but it will take a lot more :)