- 1 red capsicum
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 sticks of celery
- 10g olive oil
- 500g mince
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chilli powder/flakes (or fresh)
- 1 tin kidney beans
- 1 tin chick peas
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbs veggie stock paste
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 50g tomato paste
- black pepper
- Chop the onion and garlic for 5 seconds on speed 5.
- Add the oil and saute for 3 mins on 100 degrees, speed 1.
- Add the carrots, capsicum and celery and chop for 3 seconds on speed 5.
- Add the cumin, chilli flakes, cinnamon and black pepper and cook on reverse speed soft for 5 mins at 100 degrees.
- Add the kidney beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, chickpeas, balsamic vinegar and stock and mix on reverse speed 1 for 30 seconds.
- Add the mince and cook for 25 mins on reverse speed soft at 100 degrees.
- Serve with rice and a dollop of plain yoghurt.
Couple of notes, couldn't get the speed dial to turn initially, had to take the bowl out, lid off and start from scratch again.
Also need to break up meat before putting in the bowl, the mixing doesn't break it up enough. I think next time I'll add a step 4b in to break up the mince before putting the other items in.
But definitely a delicious dish and will be on the regular menu.