Friday, August 20, 2010

Update ....

Well the Registrar got there about 10 mins before I did and had gone by the time I arrived.

Basically, they want to do the partial replacement next week (remove the femoral head and put a plastic spacer in), then it will be waiting until the infection is completely cleared before they complete the procedure.

They expect him to be in hospital for at least a week following the operation.

So the next step is to wait for the operation. I will update this when I know when that will be.

5 comments:

knirirr said...

At least it seems like they've got things under control now - I hope all goes well.

DaddyBear said...

That's rough, but at least he's moving forward again. We are keeping all of you in our thoughts.

Christina LMT said...

Dangit. I'm still thinking and hoping and praying for you!

Old NFO said...

Sounds like they at least have a plan, and are going forward, we are thinking about y'all...

Julie said...

thanks guys - much appreciated.

He went for a walk outside today (well onto the "sun deck" outside the cafeteria). Furthest he's walked for 3 weeks and first time he's been outside in that time as well. (He was walking with the aid of a zimmer frame).

He's a bit depressed thinking that after the next operation he's going to be less mobile again ...

Please keep those thoughts and prayers coming.