Back to the hospital again - and apart from being there all day - the news is good.
We saw the Orthopedic surgeon and he was pleased with the x-rays and said that if all goes well (bloods and no 'issues') they will look at doing the next operation (the hip replacement) early November. We have another appointment with them October 22nd so hopefully they'll be able to give us an actual date then.
We then went down to the Hospital in the Home to see the doctor and get the results of this blood tests. The infection markers are down to 9 - which is very good news.
So we now just have to wait ... again!