Thursday, November 4, 2010

This is why I lock my car when loading shopping ...

From today's news:

Police hunt brazen handbag thief

POLICE are looking for a brazen handbag thief who has been targeting women across Sydney.

The man robbed 15 women in inner west and eastern suburbs over eight days in October in almost identical thefts.

In each case a handbag was taken from the front passenger seat of vehicles in car parks as the women were loading their shopping into the boot or back seat.

The NSW Police metropolitan robbery unit said on Friday that it was seeking a Caucasian man and a stolen 2006 silver Mazda 3 hatchback, with the licence plate AYO 39F, that has been linked to the thefts.

The thefts occurred between October 15 and 23 in Ultimo, Pyrmont, Strathfield, Burwood, Five Dock, Homebush West, Moore Park, Pagewood and Randwick.


-------------
Source: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/police-hunt-brazen-handbag-thief/story-e6frfku0-1225948000095#ixzz14IljkTg ... emphasis added.

If I put my handbag on the front passenger seat when I'm loading the boot I lock my door to avoid something like this happening. If you don't currently do this then let this be a warning!

Hope they find and charge him.

No comments: