Well decided I needed to do a major cookup this weekend (for freezing).
1. Beef Vindaloo
2. Beef & Pineapple Hotpot
3. Beef, Beans & Vegetable Hotpot
4. Chicken Yellow Curry
5. Chicken, Beans & Vegetable Hotpot
Had the Beef Vindaloo for dinner - it was about as hot as I can stand it. Oh, and delicious. Miss 9 had the Beef & Pineapple and Miss 7 the Beef, Beans & Vegetable Hotpot. Everyone enjoyed their meals.
Hubby then asked what was for desert. I don't normally cook deserts but decided that I would like to try a Sticky Date Pudding. I found this microwave version:
Sticky Date Pudding
* 250g chopped dates
* 1¼ cups water
* 125gm butter
* 1 tsp ground ginger
* 1 tsp bicarb soda
* 2 eggs, lightly beaten
* 1¼ cups SR flour
* 3/4 cup brown sugar
* 1 cup water
* 1 tsp cornflour
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 125gm chopped butter
* 1 tsp vanilla essence
* Combine dates, water, butter & ginger in a microwave proof dish and microwave on high for 1 minute, or until butter has melted.
* Stir in soda and cool slightly. Stir in sugar, eggs, sifted flour and mix well. Pour mixture into a greased and lined 1.5 litre capacity pudding basin (microwave proof)
* Cover and cook on high for 14-16 minutes until set in centre. Stand covered for 2 minutes.
* Serve topped with caramel sauce and cream or icecream.
* Blend the cornflour with water in a saucepan then stir in the brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Stir on a low heat until the sugar and butter are melted then increase the heat and continue stirring until it boils and thickens.
I've bolded the sugar as the original recipe omitted it. We added 1/2 cup, but it does need a bit more.
I didn't make the sauce though. Decided just to have it with vanilla icecream.