Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 years on ...

I haven't checked out other blogs today, I guess there are a number who have commented on the 10th anniversary of "9/11".

For me it's an interesting anniversary. You see, Miss 10 was born at 10.31pm on Sept 10th 2001. Therefore my memories of 9/11 are viewed through the eyes of a very tired new-mum.

The overriding memories of that time are "disbelief". I saw a video of the plane hitting the first tower with the sound off on the TV. I had no idea of what I was watching and it wasn't until I saw one of our news reporters, sans makeup, come on that I turned the sound on.

Many people died that day, some basically just going about their normal days work. Others there trying to help. Others standing up against hijackers preventing probably more deaths. Some of those who died were the perpetrators of the horror.

Many also have died since - fighting the threat at the source so that their country can be safe.

Many are still fighting to preserve the safety of those "back home".

Let's hope that their fighting and sacrifice isn't in vain and that we never see another "9/11" ever again!

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Amen Julie, Amen...

LSP said...

What a good post.

God bless.