Sunday, October 12, 2008

Today's Range Report #2

Reloaded 100 rounds last night with 4.0 grains - no problems at all with the primer feeding or seating so it went very smoothly.

Shot the stages at the range today. They had modified it from yesterday's shoot - so today ended up having 5 stages some were quite challenging.

I messed up the second stage majorily. It was start seated at a table, with loaded gun & all mags on the table. On signal, engage the 6 targets in any order with one shot, then reload and engage the targets again with another shot. I shot the first three targets two shots each before my brain kicked into gear ... ooops :) There goes three "procedurals" :)

One of the other stages had a "start facing up range, unloaded & holstered ... on signal engage all targets in any order 2 shots each". I've not done a "facing up range" one before ... so I was just hoping to get through the stage with out being disqualified .. which I managed (and I hit all the targets and missed the "no shoots" so was happy).

My times are awful but my accuracy isn't bad (no "no shoots" at all for the day and I think only 1 miss). The majority of my shots are hitting the "A" zone.

The gun performed well most of the time. Had a couple of "stovepipes" which the RO reckoned was due more to me not holding the gun firmly enough more than anything else and I think he was right. I also managed to get a case down my front ... ouch!

Definitely more practice needed.

Next week is a "trophy shoot" not sure if I will go up on the Saturday or Sunday yet.

Now off to the zoo with the family ...

4 comments:

Pretty Pistolera said...

Hey Julie - keep up the good work. Safety first, then accuracy, then speed. Competitive shooting is a blast!

Julie said...

thanks Tracy ...

Anonymous said...

Julie I love hearing about your shooting. It sounds so much fun. I WILL get to a rnge one day - I promise! I hope you go in the Trophy Shoot.

Julie said...

thanks for stopping by Kylie ... if you don't get to the range soon ... you'll have to come and visit so I can take you ...