From over at Bayou Renaissance Man comes this meme of 100 things. You're supposed to make the things you've done bold.
THINGS I'VE DONE:
1. Started your own blog. You're reading it.
2. Slept under the stars. Lots of times.
3. Played in a band. School band only.
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower. Only seen a small one though.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland.
8. Climbed a mountain.
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo. (and you wouldn't want me to!)
11. Bungee jumped.
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child. Does sponsoring a child via World Vision count?
16. Had food poisoning. only once thankfully
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train. Yes, worst experience, sleeping on the floor outside the loos on an overnight train in Romania.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked. All over Scotland - great fun.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. I'm an Aussie, it's a mandatory requirement here!
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping. But you're not getting details.
27. Run a Marathon.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. Love them!!!!!!
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise. If short (day) cruises count.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo's David.
41. Sung karaoke. see "sung a solo" above
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa. Technically, yes. I was born there but left when i was just a bub.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. Lots of times - love doing this.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. Some snorkeling.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater. Saw Wall-E at one recently.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies.
62. Gone whale watching. Does seeing whales from the beach count?
63. Got flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma.
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp. Awful, awful, awful experience.
67. Bounced a check. Not intentionally though.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar. Took some with me on a hike into the Pyrenees ... sat at the top of this hill after a lovely walk eating it ... great memories.
72. Pieced a quilt. Small one, i don't have that much patience and i don't like sewing.
73. Stood in Times Square. Before going to a Moonie campsite!
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London.
77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. Sat and watched a lightening storm over the canyon!
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. Mistakenly captioned as my sister's mum!!!
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House. Well looked at it from the gates - i'm not sure i'll ever get an invitation to enter it.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. If a fish counts?
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous.
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby. Two.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone. Unfortunately
99. Been stung by a bee. Only once.
100. Read an entire book in one day. Many, many, many times - once I start a book I don't like to put it down until it's finished.
That's 52 for me ... and you?????