Saturday, January 31, 2009

Letter Doing the Rounds

seen this in a few places, thought it was worth repeating here. Not sure if it is real or not, but it is very funny.

OH WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE ALERT ....

Dear Mr. Minister,

I’m in the process of renewing my passport, and still cannot believe this.

How is it that K-Mart has my address and telephone number, and knows that I bought a Television Set and Golf Clubs from them back in 1997, and yet, the Federal Government is still asking me where I was born and on what date.

For Christ sakes, do you guys do this by hand?

My birth date you have in my Medicare information, and it is on all the income tax forms I’ve filed for the past 40 years. It is on my driver’s licence, on the last eight passports I’ve ever had, on all those stupid customs declaration forms I’ve had to fill out before being allowed off the planes over the last 30 years, and all those insufferable census forms that I’ve filled out every 5 years since 1966.

Also, would somebody please take note, once and for all, that my mother’s name is Audrey, my Father’s name is Jack, and I’d be absolutely f**cking astounded if that ever changed between now and when I drop dead!!!…

SH*T!

I apologise, Mr. Minister. But I’m really pissed off this morning. Between you an’ me, I’ve had enough of all this bullsh*t! You send the application to my house, then you ask me for my f**cking address!! What the hell is going on with your mob? Have you got a gang of mindless Neanderthal arseh*les workin’ there!

And another thing, look at my damn picture. Do I look like Bin Laden? I can’t even grow a beard for God’s sakes. I just want to go to New Zealand and see my new granddaughter. (Yes, my son interbred with a Kiwi girl). And would someone please tell me, why would you give a sh*t whether I plan on visiting a farm in the next 15 days? If I ever got the urge to do something weird to a sheep or a horse, believe me, I’d sure as hell not want to tell anyone!

Well, I have to go now, ’cause I have to go to the other end of the city, and get another f**cking copy of my birth certificate, and to part with another $80 for the privilege of accessing MY OWN INFORMATION!

Would it be so complicated to have all the services in the same spot, to assist in the issuance of a new passport on the same day?? Nooooo.. That’d be too f**cking easy and makes far too much sense. You would much prefer to have us running all over the place like chickens with our f**cking heads cut off, and then having to find some high society wanker to confirm that it’s really me in the god-damn photo! You know the photo…the one where we’re not allowed to smile?! …you f**cking morons

Signed - An Irate Australian Citizen.

P.S.: Remember what I said above about the picture, and getting someone in high-society to confirm that it’s me? Well, my family has been in this country since before 1850! In 1856, one of my forefathers took up arms with Peter Lalor. (You do remember the Eureka Stockade!!)I have also served in both the CMF and regular Army something over 30 years (I went to Vietnam in 1967), and still have high security clearances.

I’m also a personal friend of the president of the RSL. And Lt General Peter Cosgrove sends me a Christmas card each year.

However, your rules require that I have to get someone “important” to verify who I am; You know… someone like my doctor; WHO WAS BORN AND RAISED IN F**CKING PAKISTAN!!!……a country where they either assassinate or hang their ex-Prime Ministers, and are suspended from the Commonwealth for not having the “right sort of government.”

You are all f**cking idiots.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

We have the same problem up here... sigh... beauracracies SUCK!!!

Gwennie said...

OMG, that is so funny. But being a Pub Ser myself, I'd have to admit its also so true! Sad really isn't it? Bureaucracy!

Somerled said...

My family's been in this country since 1609 on my mother's side and 1750 on my father's. But I'm just another potential terrorist to the government.

I don't dare fly here. I can't go through the metal detectors because I have a pacemaker. I sure as hell don't want the Transportation Security Administration probing my body cavities for bombs.