Another recipe at the "A Year of Slowcooking" blog caught my eye yesterday. It was one using chicken and pineapple.
So today I decided to do a similar one.
- 400gm can pineapple, drained and cut into chunks
- 300gm chicken cubed
- 150gm celery chopped into chunks
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered chillies
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup of coconut milk
1. Turn slow cooker onto high
2. Brown chicken in a frypan with a small amount of oil and the chilli powder
3. Add the chicken, celery, pineapple, soy sauce, vegetable stock to the slow cooker
4. Mix well
5. Cook on high for 2-3 hours until chicken is cooked
6. Stir through coconut milk before serving. Serve with rice.
UPDATE: Well three out of four family members liked it (my husband, my eldest and me). Miss 5 is sitting there subbornly not even trying it! Will give her a bit longer.
Miss 7 wouldn't change a thing.
Hubby would like the sauce a bit thicker - maybe Coconut Cream instead of milk and he thinks a bit extra Soy Sauce would be good too.
UPDATE 2: Miss 5 eventually(under a bit of duress) ate the chicken out of it - nothing else. She didn't like the coconut milk nor the celery.
Ooops - just realised I didn't take a photo of the finished product. Will have to make it again soon so I can.