Monday, June 29, 2009

The Four Rules Applied ...

The neighbour has some balloons stuck in a tree at the front of his property. A local school released some balloons with seeds in them a couple of days previously and I was chatting to my two girls (5 & 7) about whether or not they thought these balloons contained seeds.

The discussion then moved onto how to get the balloons out of the tree - they're about 5 metres up.

Various things were suggested and discussed and then I said, "I was thinking about using the .22". My eldest looked at me and said "Where would the bullet land then?"

Good question.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Good question, and the answer was? Use a bb gun, at least then you have maybe 100 yards vs. a mile... Obviously you have trained them well! :-)

Anonymous said...

Good thinking. However, with a 40 gr 22 bullet, coming down under the influence of gravity. It's not getting pushed by powder anymore, and I doubt that it would have the ability to penetrate skin.

A 5 gr BB pellet would do even less damage, though.

Of course, it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye as my granny used to say...