Got to see the surgeon today. Waited for just under two hours and then had a 10min discussion with him. But good news.
He was surprised that hubby had been placed on the Category 2 waiting list (operation within 90 days), he thinks that he should be on the Category 1 list (operation much sooner). He was going to see if he could change this.
He also wants to operate at a satellite hospital rather than Freo - newer hospital, easier parking and doesn't close for so long over Christmas, so we were fine with that as well.
He did warn again about the high possibility of infection, but fingers crossed that this won't be the case.
So next week hubby has the "Pre-admission clinic" and then hopefully, early in the new year an operation!
Thanks for everyone's thoughts, prayers and support - it has been much appreciated.