This time last year I wrote a post where I described 2009 as a year of change.
If 2009 was a year of change, this year has definitely been a year of challenge.
The main challenge, of course, was that brought about by my husband's illness. It required me to be more focused on the needs of the family than I had been before.
There were some high points throughout the year too:
* holidaying with the family "down south"
* catching up with OldNFO and other friends in Sydney
* finally getting the licence for my Stirling .22 and Tuffy
* starting a new job. It was a 3-6 month contract position, I'm still there and thinking of applying for a permanent position in the company.
* hunting trip where we got a number of goats (yummy)
* the "Have a Go Day" at the gun club. Although this wasn't the first one we had done I think it was one of our most enjoyable.
* taking my brother and his family to the range. They're hoping to go again in a couple of weeks - if the weather plays nice.
* "up north" again with the family
* finishing training at the gun club. Really enjoyed doing the training with the Chief Instructor, but all day every Saturday was HARD work. This is one of the last training range reports I did. The guy mentioned in that report as having a serious car accident did come back and finish his training with us in July.
Well I'm not sure I'ld class anything in August as a highlight. This is when my husband got sick (first post here) and two operations followed.
* hubby getting out of hospital
* Miss 6 becoming Miss 7
* Miss 8 becoming Miss 9
* hubby getting off the intravenous antibiotics
* Miss 9 getting into cooking
* planting the veggie garden
* more of the girls' cooking and just generally family life :)
* hubby getting a date for the hip replacement operation !!!!!!!!!!!!
Phew, I'm exhausted :)
I would like to take this opportunity to say a big THANK YOU to my wonderful friends - virtual and in real life - who have supported and encouraged me throughout the challenges of this year.
Without this support it would have been a lot harder!
Oh, and for 2011, I'm just hoping it will be a boring year :)