Thursday, May 17, 2012

Camping is great

It is ... really ... but not in winter!  Somehow I've managed to sign up for 4 (yes FOUR) camps - all under canvas - between the beginning of June and the middle of August!?!

The first one is a three night camp with the Scout Troop; the second is a two night Scout Leader Training Camp; then there's a two night Scout Radio Operators Badge Camp (I wasn't planning on going on this, but Miss 10 couldn't register as they didn't have a female leader / parent going) and then finally we have a two night Cub Scout Camp!

There is also an overnight hike happening sometime within this period too - but I think I'm going to pass on that!

I'm hoping that this will be a very odd winter with unusually warm and dry weekends :)

Stay tuned for reports!

4 comments:

agirlandhergun said...

Love camping, but we rarely get to do it now that our kids are older. All of their activities keep us pretty busy.

I will just live vicariously through you.

DaddyBear said...

I actually prefer winter camping as long as its dry. I can always add a layer to stay warm.

Have fun, and remember, the girls will always remember you doing this.

Old NFO said...

LOL, welcome to the world of Scouting... AND being the parent of a Scout who takes her responsibility seriously :-)

Lissa said...

I did a mental doubletake with "winter" being June to August. Then I remembered that coffee is my friend on Monday mornings.