Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Getting Somewhere, I think ....

The story to-date ... here, here, here, here, here, here and here!

Rang PLS (Police Licencing Service) again today. Tried yesterday, but gave up after 26mins of an "Please hold, all our agents are busy, your call will be attended to as soon as possible" answering message. (Note: This type of system IS NOT an improvement over the phone ringing out).

Today, I was only on hold for about 10mins. I then briefly brought the cop who answered my call up to date with the fact that I received the original letter saying that the licence has been approved two weeks ago, and the amended letter a week ago, but still no licence.

He looked up the system and said that both the firearms in question were showing on my licence. He then offered to print out a certified copy of the licence and post it out.

So I'm hoping to have this within a day or two and maybe, possibly, even my guns by the weekend!

6 comments:

ZerCool said...

And, of course, pics will be required!

Anonymous said...

Well, it's about time.
Have to agree with ZerC.
Some pix would be nice.

Skul

Old NFO said...

FINALLY!!! :-) And yes, pics please :-)

Steve said...

Just ran across your blog. I wanted to say thanks for being on the front lines down under! Keep up the good fight.


-Steve
LongRangeDiscovery.blogspot.com

TOTWTYTR said...

If you ever do get up to the northeast corner of the United States, you have an open invitation to shoot any of my firearms at any time.

I'll let you shoot any one of them without a special permit from the police. I have some that fire as many as 20 rounds before needing to be reloaded.

Really. I'm not making that up. :)

Srsly.

Julie said...

Well, as soon as I get the licence and the guns I'll post pics, promise.

And TOTWTYTR ... lol ... thanks for the offer, might take you up on it one day!