Miss 9 enjoyed cooking my standard Potato and Corn soup the other day, similar to this one.
Today I asked her if she'ld like to help me make another soup. It evolved over the cooking process with her and my input and sorry, no pics.
Vegetable and Bean Soup
200gm Pepperoni (finely chopped)
1 Tbs Oil
2 tsp Mixed Herbs
1 tsp Asfotedia Powder
5 sticks Celery (finely chopped)
2 Carrots (chopped)
1 Head of Broccoli (chopped)
2x420 cans of corn kernels (drained and rinsed)
2x420 cans of green peas (drained and rinsed)
420gm can of Bertollini Beans (drained and rinsed)
420gm can of White Beans (drained and rinsed)
420gm can of Lentils (drained and rinsed)
420gm can of Red Kidney Beans (drained and rinsed)
7 medium sized Potatoes (I microwaved these in the skins)
1. Heat oil in a large heavy-based stockpot, add mixed herbs, asfotedia powder, pepperoni and celery. Fry until pepperoni is crisp.
2. Add stock and rest of the ingredients - except potatoes.
3. Bring soup to boil, adding water if necessary.
4. Rice the potatoes and add to the soup.
5. Simmer soup on low until carrots are tender.
We ate it with toasted turkish bread and it really went well!