Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I've been lynced

As you know I started a new job back in March.  The team I'm working with are based on the East Coast (of Australia) and while there is a company office here I don't have much to do with them, working generally either on client sites or from home.

Today I've had a number of "meetings" with people on the other side of the country held using a Microsoft program called Lync.  It's been great.  Easy to use and if you don't turn the video on you don't have to get out of your PJs.

My boss has just sent this through ... I loled ...

So very true ....

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Sigh... Video and pjs... it WILL happen :-)

Wraith said...

I'm waiting for that tipping point where the whole concept of offices will be rendered pretty much obsolete, because everyone will be able to work from home via some program like Lync. I know it's coming.

And that'll really screw truck drivers like me, because then there'll be no one to sign for the stuff I'm delivering to said office...! :D

Julie said...

well Jim that might be a problem as I don't have PJs :)

Point Wraith, maybe you'll have to do home deliveies instead.