Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bully ... by Miss 8

Oh D or W, I thought, come and save me. Then I thought I might faint. I dropped the ball and ran behind the big bin like a cheetah.

You must be wondering how I got into this position. My name is Miss 8 and I like reading books. It all started when we were walking home from school we all had some money, so we went to a shop, W bought a frisbee, D bought a skipping rope and I bought a ball We saw Blue the Bully and paniked. He had a bag of snailes that he normally put in our lunch boxes, but we hid behind the book shelves were the big books of the two dollar shop. But I also say Black Eye the Bully, so we went home, we all went back to my house. D went to get some thing to eat and W got her frisbee and I saw Black Eye and Blue are standing in the shadow and it was so scary.

The End


*****************************************************************

This is a story that Miss 8 brought home from school yesterday. I don't know when or why she wrote it, but I guess they had to write a story about a bully.

The school, as far as I am aware, doesn't have a problem with bullying, but more and more this term they have been doing this type of study (anti-smoking, pro-recycling, anti-bullying, pro-healthy eating seminars). I must admit that I'm a bit annoyed with the amount of these (oops, I forgot the "Jump Rope for Health" day too) ... My girls are very active and healthy and seriously I send them to school to LEARN stuff that I can't teach them.

Anyway, getting back to the main reason that I posted this. She is scared and she is looking for someone else to save her! Is that the response and attitude that she really has? Time for a talk, I think ....

9 comments:

Berys said...

Julie ... I would go to the School and ask questions no Child should be asked to write about things like that ..Hope it all works out Ok and **hugs** to you all

Christina RN LMT said...

Good idea to discuss it with her, but it *is* fiction! I remember writing a bunch of stuff when I was a kid that didn't really apply to me, because I have a big imagination, just as I imagine Miss 8 has. Which is a Very Good Thing in my book. :)

DaddyBear said...

Yeah, a talk might be in order. Be prepared for a call from a teacher or counselor the first time your little toughie stands up for herself against a bully. Apparently schools prefer for kids to act like victims.

Crucis said...

My 6-year old granddaughter stayed overnight last night. She told us she learned all about staying safe in school. She said if anyone tried to hurt her Grandpa would shoot 'em. My first thought was Grandma would get 'em first.

Oldest grandson and I have a date at the range when he gets out of summer school. My Marlin 39A has been cleaned and I've a fresh brick of ammo ready.

Lissa said...

We could get her one of those Stop Bullying bracelets from the UK! . . . you know, the ones that helpfully identify good victims for bullying. Hmmm, maybe not.

Suldog said...

I agree with Christina. Talk, for sure, but remember just how vivid an imagination a child can have. Encourage the imagination, and if there's any truth to it, THEN perhaps talk to someone at school.

Old NFO said...

Agreed, something is going on there... Real or imagined, a talk cannot hurt!

moonberrie said...

Talking can't hurt, but as a kid I had some freaky stories.
Kids sometimes can be morbid, as they are children, and pick up on EVERYTHING in the world.
she will be fine. :)

Julie said...

thanks for your input guys. I had a chat to her ... it was a class assignment and nah, there's no bullying at al in the school that she can identify (it's a small private school, so I can believe it). We spoke about different types of bullying and she still couldn't identify any.

we also spoke about what she should do if she experiences any.