Sunday, February 19, 2012

Had to put it in the safe ...

Miss 10 has a habit of reading a book from beginning to end and then complaining she has nothing to read.

Cue tonight ...

Miss 10: "I get in trouble at school because I don't read at nights."


Me: "Well get a book and read to me."


Miss 10: "I've finished all my books."


Me: "Have a look in the box in the family room and see if there is anything you want to read in there."

Miss 10 turns up with the book "Eats, Shites and Leaves Crap English and how to use it" by A. Parody.

Well, I'm not sure that it's a suitable 'school reading book', however she read the first couple of pages and LOVED it.

It's a great book.  She would read a sentence and then we would discuss it.

So I've written that she read 4 pages in her homework diary.

We then had a bit of a wrestling match as she wanted to take the book to read in bed.  Yer, right ... next thing you know she'll be up all night reading and the book will be finished!

So I ended up locking it in the safe and promising her that she can read another 4 pages tomorrow!


2 comments:

Bob said...

It would be hilarious if she had to give a book report on it in class.

DaddyBear said...

There are worse things than having a child who will read faster than you can supply books. Good for her!