Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I resigned today ...

Unfortunately due to a high level of uncertainity at my work place I decided to look for another job - which I found.

So I handed my notice in today.

I'm not happy to be leaving my current role - actually I'm quite sad about it - but it was announced today that there was a major restructure being planned and I would be surprised if I had a job there in a month's time.

So anyway, off to new pastures.  My role will be aimed at helping people increase their productivity using Microsoft Desktop Applications.  I'm looking forward to this - similar to what I was doing during 2000 - 2005 - but more focused on one-on-one interactions rather than classroom training.

New job starts March 6th with a trip to Brisbane for inductions and to meet the team I'm working with. 

Wonder how many people, from the new company, I can get to the range :)


8 comments:

Weer'd Beard said...

Good luck with the new job!

DaddyBear said...

Good luck! A new job can be a great adventure!

Captain Tightpants said...

Wish you great luck with the change - hopefully it's everything you look forward to miss!

Don said...

Good luck!

Bob said...

Good luck with the new job, Julie. :)

Suldog said...

Best of luck in the new position!

Old NFO said...

Good luck, and keep on being positive!

On a Wing and a Whim said...

Good luck with the new job! Here's hoping you thoroughly enjoy it!

I've made that leap before, and I didn't realize until the aftermath just how much better I felt, as though I'd been swimming in a sea of tension and finally made it to an island of sanity.