Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Well I Know Where I Wouldn't Be Shopping

By way of Nanny Knows Best comes the article about a store in Wokingham, UK is using a service called Internet Eyes which streams CCTV footage via the web into "members" (private citizens) homes and if they spot any crime they can report it and be eligible for a £1,000 reward each month.

Personally I would rather that people not in the store didn't observe my shopping habits - not that I do anything criminal I just like the idea of privacy (or at least some sort of "limited exposure").

Will this decrease crime? I doubt it. The criminals will either move some place else or get good at disguising themselves or just see if they can get away with it quicker.

OH, and you have to pay to become a snooper ... I mean a "data processor".

No comments: